Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
The "How to" Community Guide For when your in the Bay area! 
TSW Officer

The "How to" Community Guide For when your in the Bay area!
Postet her for informasjon og diskusjon :)
Kilde: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24199-The-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-For-when-your-in-the-Bay-area!

**The "How to" Community Guide For when your in the Bay area!**This Thread is Created as a kind of "How to" Originally Created on the Xbox Section of the forums (since I myself play on the Xbox) and can be found Here.

Theres a large number of ark hunters out there who don't know how to do things out there in paradise. thus this thread is here to help the uninformed!
This thread is Community driven, meaning I rely on the communities of Xbox, PS3 and PC to fill in any information I miss and to give any suggestion. This Is a Drama free zone so if you have a beef with another platform Id like you to set it aside for the betterment of the information provided here on this thread! :3

I Would like add the following features at some point:
1. In-depth Quest guides? ether Videos or in depth.
2. A map the Assist in contract locations. - Currently Being Worked on by Zandiya

(these are ideas that I have yet to due for some reason or another so I would like any help I can get. if someone would like to take on the undertaking and then submit it to the thread just tell me and we'll get these things started! :3)

ArkFalls and how to properly do them!

First off lets cover What kind of arkfalls there are.
"Minor Arkfalls"
"Red Crystals"
"Blue Crystals"

"Major Arkfalls"
HellBug
Scrappers

Now lets cover minor arkfalls first and then we'll get down and dirty with major arkfalls! :3
ok First of all "Red Crystals" and "Blue Crystals" Look very much alike though their objectives are quite the opposite!

"Red Crystals" objective is to destroy the Crystal while waves of enemies attack you, though not all the enemies are ment to be killed. the "Skitterlings" (Smallest of all hellbugs) bite the crystal and will cause large Glowing yellow bubbles to form on the surface of the crystal which can be shot to do critical damage to the crystal! (though dont mistake the large bubble with infector Growths) 

The following is a list of what NOT to kill in the corresponding Minor Arkfalls [u]unless you need amo.[/u]
Hellbug arkfalls - Skitterlings (Smallest hellbugs)
Mutant Arkfalls - demolitionists (the ones that carry a barrel and a bomb to the crystal)

Things to JUST Damage.
Scrapper Arkfalls - Mongrels (small dog-like one which after getting damaged will sit next to the crystal and try to repair themselves then you kill them and will send shock pulses into the crystal)

Specific things TO kill.
99ers Arkfalls - somtimes drop a "pulverizer" which is a fist weapon that you use to hit the crystal.
Raider Arkfalls - Rocket launcher raiders will sometimes drop rocket launchers wich you can pick up and use on the crystal.

What not to do in "Red Crystals"
1. DONT KILL THE SKITTERLINGS!!! 

2. Dont drive your cars through the area to try to kill enemies, its annoying and kills the skitterlings! This goes for "Major arkfalls" as well! the mass of vehicles and arkfall going may cause lag and you will get in the way!

2. Try not to use rocket launchers or detonators their damage is usually low and they take too long to reload when shooting, they also splash damage the skitterlings and kill them.

"Blue Crystals" Are a lot like "Red Crystals" though instead of you having to destroy the crystals you kill all the enemies that come around. in these arkfalls you can use any weapon and even your car if you want.. though they still get in the way a lot!

Now lets get down into the Fun stuff! "Major ark falls!"
"Major Arkfalls" Are made up of many "Small arkfalls" that have to be beaten before the actual Arkfall appears. when you DO finally get to the Major Arkfall there will be a boss surrounded by "Blue Crystals" though you don't have to pay attention to them. Depending on the "Boss" you'll have to shoot different places. On hell bugs bosses (and normal hell bugs) a part will be glowing Orange or Yellowing color, you shoot these spots to do extra damage on them. on scrapper major arkfalls you'll have to shoot the three yellow dots on each of the giant arms before the "Boss" itself goes out for a "Repair run" to fix each arm, while its repairing them you shoot up at the swirling "S**t Storm" inside it lol.
At these Major arkfalls you can use any weapon you want and even your cars. though some enemies can destroy them just by touching them and also your vehicles could cause lag.

here are some tactics for arkfalls! :3

1. Resuscitate your teammates, and maintain the situational awareness to see them. Every teammate that dies makes the battle take longer, or makes the event that much harder to complete. Players who are down aren't typically there, because they were stupid. They are typically the damage dealers of the group, and to do the best damage possible they have to take risks by getting close. You can't win a lot of these events with sniping alone. 
Helping them helps you in the long run. So if someone is wallowing at your feet. Do the right thing and get them up off the ground. also don't use your self revives unless no one picks you back up, save them for when you need them.

(On a side note: To tell if your self revive is back you can look in the top left of our screen, shown in the following image: )

2. Balance your load out. Rocket launchers, infection weaponry, and magnetic guns aren't terribly effective in the larger events. The first two run out pretty fast, and the last doesn't do too terribly much damage. A couple of players running around healing is usually more then enough. A dozen of them is just silly. Have a shotgun, machine gun, carbine, or even a pistol on hand. So you can do consistent damage throughout the entire event. Especially for the large scrapper events. You want to do the most damage possible when the big bot in the middle is most vulnerable. 

3. Figure out how to best serve the team, and you know what that isn't always about converging on the most dangerous enemy in the area. It isn't usually the big guy that takes most players out. It is one of the smaller guys that is performing support. Just taking out the Archers at Hell bug events greatly improves the overall effectiveness of the team. They slow other players down, and make them easier to hit, and keeps them out of effective range to attack. The same is true for the mid level scrappers. It is relatively easy to avoid the attacks from the Scorpion. Mob control is pretty vital in big events. 

4. Get some grenades with decent damage over time, and actually use them during the event. Every time they come back throw them. There is no friendly fire. Crippling the mid range guys makes it more likely that if one of your teammates gets in a bind with one. They will have a better chance of getting out of it, because you did some of the work for them.

About Weapons and leveling them up:

Mkays, so I found myself wondering how the weapon system work and here is an Explanation:
For those that may not know, every weapon gains EXP and ranks up. This is evident by an EXP bar below the Mod slots on every weapon. As the weapon's EXP bar fills, you also gain EXP towards the Weapon Skill.
However, each individual weapon can only rank up once. After you fill the bar, you gain no more EXP for either the weapon or the weapon skill. Because of this, you'll need to constantly switch weapons that you use.
For instance, I'm focusing on LMGs. I buy the Frontier SAW outside Happy Pow Ranch and level it up. Once filled, I sell it and purchase another one. Each weapon gains exp and levels and I gain Weapon Skill levels.
The amount of Weapon EXP gained is based off the amount of regular EXP gained. Which is, in turn, based on the amount of damage you dealt.
In group situations (Arkfalls, Coop Missions, PvP), you gain Weapon EXP if you dealt the killing blow
The Ego rating of a weapon affects the strength of the bonus you gain when you rank a weapon.
Specific to the BMG, you gain Weapon EXP for healing IF you restored shields or health.
Melee attacks do not give Weapon EXP.

Nano Effect Symbols

Toxicity 
EFFECT: Increases damage done to the affected target by 20%

Electrical 
EFFECT: Stuns target and enemies near target, also shorts out HUD.

Incendiary 
EFFECT: Burns the enemy, dealing damage over time. Also, causes NPC's to panic.

Biological 
EFFECT: Slows enemies movement and decreases their damage dealt.

Radiation 
EFFECT: Makes target vulnerable and increases the damage they take.

Syphon 
EFFECT: When the effect is triggered, it will heal the players HP, or shield should the player have max HP. When the effect occurs you will hear a sound and a few seconds later around ~450 damage will be applied to the target and you will be healed.

(Original Info can be found Here and Here )

Factions in Defiance and how they work:
There seems to be 5 ''factions'' right now in the game.
  • 1 which is PVP related ''Echelon''
  • 1 which is related to the coop Maps you complete ''Paradise Territory''
  • The 3 left are ''world'' factions ''Von Bach Industries'', ''Soleptors Entreprises'' and ''Top-Notch Toolworks.''

That's cool but how do I earn Reputation with said factions?
Well, the way the reputation system currently works is that you have to complete certain objectives listed as ''contracts''. There are two types of contracts for most factions:
  • One that is quickly do-able and changes every 24 hours. Example: get x number of y from z mobs at w location, every mob you will kill at said location will give you one of the X and you usualy need 20. Even kills done by other players near you (even out of a group) will land you an objective so they usually complete very fast.Theses contracts, while easy to complete, seem to only provide 10ish rep points for said faction
  • The other type of contract is a bit harder to complete, usually involves Killing a CERTAIN type of enemy (more often than not hard ones like bulwarks for dark matter) in a secluded location ( San Fransisco island for example). The trick here is not only finding the mobs, but also on the right patch of land and you need A LOT MORE (75ish). This type of contract seems to stay available for a few days (between 3-7) and land a lot more Rep points

That's awesome! but I cannot find for the life of me the Contract list that you speak of! where is it?
The contract list can be found next to the ''pursuits'' list. Default key to access the Pursuit list is ''J'' on PC. Once you are there click on the ''contracts'' list right next to it. If you cannot see them yet, IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT EGO 250 YET. Contracts require you to be ego 250 before you can start doing them.

So now that I got Reputation with factions what do I do with it? and does it stop when the line completes?
  • You use said Rep to buy certain items at the faction's ''HQ'' they all have their own vendors on special spots on the map. The way it works is you will see the script cost of a weapon and next to it the emblem of the faction with a number, the number is the minimum rep required to buy said weapon.
  • No, like in most MMOs the bar, once filled, will change you status with said faction (example for the 1st time it goes from ''unknown to Familiar''). And you can keep on earning rep.

But Why would I even want to buy Faction related items?
For a few reasons.
  • They are adequately priced.
  • They have great starting stats
  • But mostly because they give out ''synergy bonuses'' which can be seen before buying them. These bonuses stacks with the mod synergy bonuses (as per my understanding) making your guns truly stand out from normal drops.
  • Also, some have a starting bonus, for example; +2 mag for a gun before you even ''level it'' or mod it.

(Original Information can be found Here. )

List of Contracts Discovered so far:

Von Bach Industries Contracts:
Scavenger Hunt: Collect 20 Weapon parts from Raiders on docks.
Artificial Intelligence: Collect 50 control chips from Bulwarks in San Francisco.
Aegis Gambit: Collect 10 shield implants from goldrushers.
The Long Bomb: Collect 10 hulker bombs.

Soleptor Enterprises Contracts:
Atlas Attrition: Collect 20 navigation logs from mutants at the radio towers.
Spike in the Vein: Collect 100 mineral samples from 99ers in mines.
Pelts for Poseurs: Collect 40 hides from skitterlings aroind Marin.
Student of History: Collect 35 battle plans from Dark Matter Monitors.

Top-Notch Toolworks Contracts:
Down to the Wire: Collect 20 wiring fragments from mutants in northern Mount Tam.
Always On: Collect 75 data cores from Bulwarks in San Francisco.
Metal Gear Wrecks: Collect 20 gears from omnivolts in San Francisco.

Paradise Territory Contracts:
The Motherlode: Complete "The Motherlode" co-op map.
Soleptor Excavation: Complete "Soleptor Excavation" co-op map.

Echelon Contracts:
Reap What You Sow: Record 5 avenger kills in Deathmatch.
Slayer of the Flock: Kill 50 players in Deathmatch.
King of the Mountain: Record 5 attack kills in Capture and Hold.
Seize the Day: Complete 10 Capture and Hold matches.

(this information is meant for a future feature which has yet to be put together but feel free to use the information for your own knowledge)

The map of the world! (so far? lol)

Will hopefully be fixed soon!

Links!
Defiance armor Screenshots!
Co-op Outfits screenshots!
Data Recorder locations thread!
Frequently Asked Questions!
List of Vehicles!
Interactive IGN map!
Zandiya's Wonderful world map!
List of Arkfall codes!
Ego Calculator!

Credit For information:
Dodece - Info
Munx - Info
Zandiya - Map maker! 
Blackwolfe - Info
Aluatrill - Info
Sledgehammer70 - For their lovely help reserving posts.

Retired: Defiance - Zorq / TSW - Zorq

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]